Rotameter : It is an inference type flow meter. Because of the
differential pressure, this is generated due to Orifice Plate; a branch of
flow flows through the by-pass line. By measuring the flow from by-pass line
we can estimate the flow through the Main Line.
• By Pass Rotameter is an inference type Flow Meter.
• Differential pressure 'DP ' is created in the main flow by providing an
Plate in the main Pipe line.
• Because of this differential pressure a branch of flow moves through by-
line provided across the orifice plate from up- stream side to down
of Orifice Plate.
• An additional range orifice plate is provided in the by-pass line which
such that flow through by –pass line (range orifice plate) flows in
the flow through main pipe line (Main Orifice Plate)
• Hence by measuring the flow from By-pass Line we can estimate the flow
Main pipe Line.